pumpkin hat for fall

Sep 27, 2011

 

pattern: Berry Baby Hat, knit to look like a pumpkin
yarn: I Love This Yarn! by Hobby Lobby - super small amount of brown, 1/10th of a skein of burnt pumpkin
needles: size 8 16" circular, size 8 dpns

He doesn't seem to like it very much, which is fine by me - it's too big for him, and not meant for him anyhow! No mods, other than not casting on with size 7's - the Hobby Lobby yarn is really more of an Aran weight rather than a worsted weight, so the 7's would have been far too tight.

Because the yarn is so thick, this hat turned out larger than the pattern says it will, and thus does not fit Owen. No big deal, as it's meant as a charity donation anyhow! It's super adorable, however - I'd recommend anyone with a child between two months and two years (pattern has mods to make it toddler sized) grab some yarn and cast on immediately!

{This is charity knit 281/10,000. I'm knitting 10,000 items for charity in my lifetime as part of my Ten Thousand Project.}

Post a Comment

Instagram