024 // Half and Half

Feb 20, 2012

pattern: Half and Half Hat, by Sara Dudek (free Ravelry download)
yarn: Stitch Nation by Debbie Stollar Washable Ewe (64 yards of purple)
needles: size US 10 / 6.0 mm 16" circular and dpns
made for: Hats for Soldiers

It's been so much fun to use this washable wool yarn up on hats for Navy soldiers! I'm still a bit stuck on how wool can also be washable, but I'm loving that I'm able to get some hats to folks serving in the military while also helping a Ravelry friend de-stash a bit!

This free pattern was fast and fun to knit up, and I only made one change. Instead of knitting the ribbing for two rows, I knit it for three. I think if I knit the hat again, I'd do the same, and make the purl section about an inch shorter before starting the knit section. That way I could wear the hat slouchy if I wanted to as well! Right now I have the three ribbed rows rolled up so the hat fits a bit snugger, but I'm not a huge fan.

Thankfully, most folks have larger heads than I do, so they shouldn't have this problem!

1 comment :

  1. Like the decrease section of this a lot! And your yarn selection really makes this hat. Glad to have found you (wherever it was I found you. . . .) knit on!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram