hats on people // Shannon Drake

Jun 26, 2012

Every bit of this project here made me happy, I must admit! Shannon Drake RULES social media - she's the founder of Justfab.com's social media department (with a community over one million members) and a freelance consultant at shantastical.com. How she finds time to do all this and still respond to personal e-mails (much less style herself so amazingly!) is beyond me, but there she is - a rock star!

When I contacted Shannon about knitting her a hat, she reminded me that in So Cal there isn't much need for actual warm weather attire. But as a fashionista, she had MUCH NEED for a to-the-minute turban to keep her stylish even when her hair wouldn't cooperate. Sorting through a few patterns, we settled on one we both hoped would work, and I got busy with some peachy yarn. Oh, to be this fashionable!!  

pattern: Winter Turban by Pickles  
yarn: Reynolds Kids Giggles, 2 skeins in burnt orange (which is actually perfectly peachy)  
needles: size US 9 / 5.5 mm straight needles

I will fully admit I was a bit leery of this pattern once I began to knit. Worked in a long straight piece, the turban is then sewn together around the shape of your head. As Shannon's head is half a country away from mine, I could only hope we were similar enough in size for the turban to fit. Thankfully, the turban is also made of a super forgiving stitch - it looks perfect on Shannon, as though I'd had a mold of her head available! I've loved working with Shannon!

Post a Comment

Instagram