hat-tember 18

Sep 18, 2012




pattern: Basic Beanie from Sweet Kiwi Crochet  
yarn: I Love This Yarn (Hobby Lobby) in black with pink sparkle stripes; 135 yards  
hook: size I-9 / 5.5 mm
"Love and belonging are irreducible needs of all men, women, and children. We’re hardwired for connection— it’s what gives purpose and meaning to our lives. The absence of love, belonging, and connection always leads to suffering."
I have been tossed asunder by this quote, from Brene Brown's new book Daring Greatly. Written in just the first chapter, I am already broken open. This is why all the hats, folks. Connection. Two needles or a hook, some yarn and some time, and I connect myself to another person. Whether I meet that person or not, whether that person even knows my name, I am sharing this gift with them. I am saying You are IMPORTANT. You are LOVED. You are WORTHY. You are CARED FOR. Because they are. Because you are.

//

I'm crocheting a hat a day for Hat-tember 2012! Each hat will be donated to the Chicago Food Pantry, and I'm attempting to raise $750 for Pencils Of Promise at the same time! You can view posts from the entire project here.

Help me reach $750 this month by sponsoring this hat for just $25 - the cost of sending a child to school for a full year through Pencils Of Promise!

Post a Comment

Instagram