off the needles lately

Feb 12, 2013

Despite the lack of sharing each hat as it comes off the needles lately (due to a hefty school and writing schedule, along with a little thing I like to call parenting!), I've been knitting in every spare moment I can find. From baby hats to simple men's ribbed hats, there's been a bit of variety coming off my needles, and I thought it was past time to share again!


pattern: Cabled Pixie Hood pattern, from Melody's Makings  
yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in silver grey (approximately 44 yards)  
needles: size US 9 / 5.5 mm dpns


pattern: Fall Chin Strap Bonnet pattern, from Melody's Makings
yarn: Lion Brand Homespun (approximately 47 yards)  
needles: size US 10 / 6.0 mm straight needles


pattern: Summer Kerchief Pattern, from Melody's Makings
yarn: Lion Brand Jiffy, in country green (approximately 30 yards)  
needles: size US 10 / 6.0 mm straight needles

These three newborn sized hats were made as part of a batch for my friend Nikki's photography business Nikki Danielson Photography. She takes amazing photos, and I'm so glad to be even a small part of her photos!


pattern: Norby, by Brooklyn Tweed  
yarn: Hobby Lobby I Love This Wool naturals (approximately 156 yards)  
needles: size US 9 / 5.5 mm 16" circular and dpns

I altered this pattern quite a bit from the stated instructions. The pattern called for thinner yarn than I like to use, so I sized up the yarn thickness and needles, and had to size down the stitch count accordingly. You can see all my notes on my Ravelry Project page ... suffice it to say I loved making such a slouchy version of this hat, and plan to make more!

 

pattern: Sandoval Hat, my pattern  
yarn: I Love This Yarn! in dark blue (top hat) and black (bottom hat)  
needles: size US 10 / 6.0 mm 16" circulars and dpns

These last two hats are part of a group of hats I'm knitting for the VA Hospital Outreach Center. I've got a few more I'd like to make before the end of the month (when I'll make my next delivery). The hats are big on me, with a 3" folded brim. This makes them perfect for the men the outreach center serves!

Post a Comment

Instagram