Evangeline Toque

Jul 14, 2014



pattern: Evangeline Toque by Courtney Spainhower (Ravelry link)
yarn: Patons Classic Wool Worsted (210 yards / 100 grams), used 162 yards (75% of the skein)
needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm 16" circular and US 8 / 5.0 mm dpns

I finished the Evangeline Toque back at the end of May, but knew that it needed some good photos before I could share it. Thankfully, my pal Casie was willing to add it to the pile of hats I wanted to photograph in June, and her niece McKenna was a more than willing model!

I loved knitting the Evangeline Toque. The pattern was simple to follow, and the hat worked up in less than 24 hours. It also comes with three sizes, and I'm already planning on making all three sizes up to gift to folks I know this holiday season.

After blocking the hat, the ribbed portion measured 20", and the hat body measured 22". I couldn't have blocked down the ribbing any tighter/smaller than this, and at the time I thought this was blocked down plenty. However, when I put it on my head, the hat felt loose around my ears, which isn't how I like my hats to fit.

That said, I know I have a smaller head, and if I were making the hat for myself I would have cast on the middle size (written for children) anyhow. As the hat wasn't for me, I knew it would be fit a wider variety of folks in the largest size. And it ended up finding a home with my friend Angie, who was also at the photo shoot the day these photos were taken, and it fits her PERFECTLY.

As I said, I loved knitting the hat, and I have plans to gift it to a few folks this holiday season. The pattern costs $4 USD, and as I plan to use it at least a few more times, I definitely think it's worth the money. Honestly, I'm surprised so few folks have knit it up (it shows a mere 6 projects on Ravelry!), as it's a fast knit, and looks adorable both on the pattern model and in person! If you like knitting lace, this is a perfect hat pattern for you!

1 comment :

Instagram