new L.A. Winters photos

Jul 17, 2014



I'm in love with the new photos Casie took of the L.A. Winters hat! The pattern, one of the first I wrote, was in desperate need of an upgrade, so I re-worked some of the directions and then Casie got these gorgeous photos a few weeks ago.

The new version isn't very different, but I did manage to make sense of a few things. First and foremost, I had cast on numbers for a few sizes that didn't in any way match how the pattern worked. What?! I know - I have no clue how I managed that one, but I re-did the ribbing pattern enough that now there's four full sizes (baby, toddler, child, adult), as well as notes for making the hat fitted OR slouchy!

I'm head over heels for how this newer version of the hat turned out, and can't wait to work it up in a bunch of different colors and lengths for fall donations! Maybe a knit-along is in order?

You can find the new L.A. Winters hat pattern here.

3 comments :

  1. Hat is very cute, very warm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to knit the LA Winters Hat last nite in Berroco Ultra Alpaca worsted yarn, size 6 US needle and noticed during the first ten rows at the beginning edge that the hat was starting out "much too stretchy" (for an Adult Male) and would subsequently NOT fit tight enough around the ears so I quit, will attempt another pattern offered from She Makes hats.

      Ellen in Boston

      Delete
  2. Message: "Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist. "

    ReplyDelete

Instagram