Impossible Hats Send Kids To School

Sep 26, 2014



I'm so excited to share some of the photos my friend Casie took of the Impossible Hats on Thursday. She swung on by my house late in the morning and we powered through all 15 hats with enough time to get hopped up on coffee before she had to pick up her youngest from pre-school.

I'm so thankful to have such talented friends, friends who jump on board without pay to help me out when I get super excited and passionate about something. And to say I'm super passionate about the Impossible Hats project is quite an understatement.
 

I was passionate about Pencils Of Promise back in 2012, when I undertook Hat-Tember 2012 and raised $750 in one month to help build a school. A school that cost just $25,000 to not only build, but furnish and completely equip, including paying a teacher for a full year.

I took on that challenge in 2012 when I learned that it cost just $25 to send a child to school for an entire year. JUST TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS.


This time around, I'm asking folks to help Pencils Of Promise again, in a different way. Rather than sponsor hats as I make them, I'm asking you to buy a hat. Yes, I'm charging $35 a hat, which feels like a lot of money. But for every Impossible Hat sold, I will donate $25 to Pencils Of Promise. That's enough to send a child to school for a year.

This means that your hat purchase will send a child to school. Children with no access to education, children who are desperate for the type of learning our children get every day. 


I know a lot of you reading are knitters and crocheters, folks who can make your own hats for far less than $40. But I ask you to consider buying a hat anyhow, for yourself or for someone else. I'm asking you to consider supporting my impossible goal to raise $5,000 between now and the end of the year, a goal that will send 200 kids to school.

You can buy an Impossible Hat in the She Makes Hats shop from now through the end of the year. Hats featured in this post are Glacier Bay, Denali, Redwood, and Grand Canyon. 15 total colors are available.

2 comments :

  1. you look great in hats...those hats are beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely hat robyn! will you be selling the pattern? i want to make for our local soup kitchen … love what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram